Emergency Preparedness for the New Year
- Dec 31, 2014
Hurricane Evacuation RoutePensacola is located smack dab in the middle of hurricane alley, which means during hurricane season we must be prepared at all times. Being prepared starts with having a proper hurricane evacuation route in case evacuation is needed. Hurricane conditions can cause a threat to our area in as little as 48 hours, which is not very long to prepare. That is why you must get it done ahead of time, start with these simple steps.
- Make sure to have meeting points inside and outside of your neighborhood.
- Listen to a battery powered radio for evacuation instructions.
- Bring your emergency preparedness kit with you.
- Time allowing, leave early enough to avoid running into severe weather.
- Although a shortcut may seem like a good idea, don’t take them. Those roads may be blocked off and can delay your evacuation.
- Don’t leave your pets behind, but be aware that service animals may only be allowed into public shelters.
House Fire Escape Routes & Meeting PointsThe Red Cross has a printable worksheet households can use to plan and practice home fire evacuations. Make sure to follow all directions and tips provided so that you may have the best and most efficient plan for your home and family.
First Aid Kits for Home and for the CarFirst aid kits can come in handy at home and on the go. Whether it’s yourself or someone else, someone is always getting hurt. Having a first aid kit on hand and in your car will make thing so much easier. You can put a first aid kit together yourself by following this checklist. Or you can save yourself the hassle and buy one that’s been put together like this.
Emergency Preparedness KitsYou will learn to love an emergency preparedness kit if you ever find yourself on the run. These are made to have on hand in your home or in your car. You can even make one for your pets! Everything you need to know about emergency preparedness kits can be found on Ready.gov.For more information take a look at The American Red Cross website.Complete is always here to lend a helping hand to those in need in our community. If you are in need of storm, biohazard, fire, water, or mold cleanup in the Pensacola and surrounding areas. Don’t hesitate to give Complete a call at 850.CALL.DKI.
Jun 15, 2022
May 15, 2022
Apr 15, 2022