Decorate Safely For The Merriest Christmas
- Nov 30, 2017
- Cut 2” off trunk and place in sturdy, water-holding stand
- Keep well-watered so it doesn’t dry out - dry branches are more flammable and can even catch fire from the heat of light bulbs.
- Make sure it has been tested and labeled as fire resistant (Note: No tree is completely fire resistant, be sure to follow all safety precautions)
- Do not use more than three sets of lights per extension cord
- Keep lit candles away from trees, boughs, curtains/drapes, and any other flammable items and/or decorations.
- Keep burning candles in sight, and make sure to extinguish all candles before going to bed
- When using lights indoor or outside, only use lights that have been tested for safety by a nationally-recognized testing laboratory
- Check all decorations (new or old) for broken, cracked, frayed, or bare wires, as well as loose connections - throw out all damaged items
Jun 15, 2022
May 15, 2022
Apr 15, 2022