Heat Awareness Tips!
It’s summer time and the heat
is as brutal as ever, but the sunshine is too nice to stay inside! Along with the sunshine comes the risk of extremely hot weather. The heat is enough anywhere, but here in the panhandle we have to deal
with the humidity as well! Which we all know it makes the heat feel even heavier. Here are some tips from Complete
on how you can protect yourself against the heat!
- Have a watchful eye for those more susceptible to the heat such as; pets, children, elderly, and those who are suffering from some sort of illness.
- NEVER leave a child or pet in a parked car. The heat can rise by several degrees in just minutes. A recent study done by a doctor showed that after just 30 minutes, the temperature in a car can rise by 35 degrees on a hot day!
- Dress accordingly - wear loose fitting clothes, or clothes made out of a lighter fabric so that air can circulate through to cool you down. Note: the lighter color the fabric the more heat it reflects.
- DRINK, DRINK, DRINK! It is so important to stay hydrated during summer; the heat can take it out of you quickly. Think water, and try to avoid alcohol, caffeine, and drinks containing sodium. These ingredients tend to dehydrate instead of hydrate the body.
- Try to stay in the shade as much as possible ; you don’t want your body to overheat. If your body overheats you could suffer from a heat stroke, heat exhaustion, or heat cramps. To know the symptoms of each illness click here.
- Wear sunscreen ! The UV rays can be so harmful to your skins. And let’s face it, no one likes a sunburn!During the summer it is very important to keep these tips in mind! Better safe than sorry! Complete wishes everyone a safe and happy summer!
During the summer it is very important to keep these tips in mind! Better safe than sorry! Complete
wishes everyone a safe and happy summer!