It's Time to Winterize Your Home!
- Nov 26, 2014
- Complete DKI
- Clean your gutters! Although it is rare to have a hard freeze in our area, cleaning your gutters allows the water to flow freely which will reduce the risk of icicles forming.
- Flush your water heater! Doing so will ensure your water heater stays functioning at 100%.
- Change your fan so that it rotates clockwise. (This one gets forgot about very often!) Turning your fan so that it rotates clockwise will push the hot air down. The result, making your house warmer!
- Replace your air filters. Replacing the filters in your AC unit will allow for the air to flow more freely. Your unit doesn't have to work as hard to push the air through a clean filter like it would if the filter were dirty.
- Invest in draft guards ! These can cost anywhere from $10 & up. If you don’t want to shell out the money for those, a rolled up towel works just as well.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat. Using a programmable thermostat, you can program what temperature you want it to be in your house at a certain time of day. Have one of these is a big game changer when it comes to the price of your power bill.
May 15, 2021
Apr 15, 2021
Feb 25, 2021