Prevent Mold Growth In Your Home
- Jul 25, 2017
- Complete DKI
Mold can be good, but it can also be very bad. Mold helps in making medicine like penicillin but it can be very bad because it can grow undetected in your home. Once it is found, it can be cleaned but never fully erased. It can grow anywhere: on the carpet, clothing, food, and even paper. A lot of times mold contamination will happen in places that you can't see like: behind wall paper, inside walls and around pipes, under the carpet, and under ceiling tiles. Unfortunately, you can't mold proof your home, but you can make it mold resistant. Preventing mold from growing or spreading might be as simple as pulling up the carpet in a wet basement, installing mold resistant products, or repairing damaged gutters. Knowing the steps and how to prevent mold from growing in your home can save you thousands of dollars down the road.Here are a few ways to prevent mold from growing in your home:
Many people rely on bleach cleaners to destroy surface mold and while the bleach may help eliminate some of the surface mold problems, but it will not penetrate deep into the source of the mold problem and completely remove it.For mold contamination in your home, contact professional mold removal experts like the certified restoration technicians at Complete DKI. Certified techs have been trained and educated to find the source of the mold problem and determine what course of action is needed to completely eradicate the problem. By calling a professional mold remediation team, you will be saving yourself a lot of time and money in the future.
- Dry wet areas immediately. Whether you are experiencing major damage from a pipe bursting and flooding a room, or something as simple as a spilled drink, it needs to be cleaned and dried as soon as possible. When taking a shower, be sure to wipe down the walls when you get out so there is no standing water.
- Always use proper ventilation. When taking a shower, or cooking be sure to turn on the vent fans. The steam will cause water to sit, which then causes mold to form. Mold can't grow without moisture. Be sure to tackle wet areas right away to stop the formation of mold.
- Direct outside flowing water away from your home.
- Even everyday items need attention. Don't leave wet clothes in the washer for long periods of time. Mold is capable of growing in this area almost instantly.
- Improve air flow in your home. As temperatures drop, the air is not able to hold as much moisture. It is important to monitor humidity indoors. Mold grows best in wet, warm conditions.
Apr 15, 2021
Feb 25, 2021
Feb 20, 2021