Most Common Causes for Fire Damage Claims
- Jul 29, 2014
- Complete DKI
- Cooking - Almost everyone has that aunt who is just terrible in the kitchen! Cooking fires account for about 40% of all fires within the home. These fires can result from unattended ovens, grease, oil or pans on the stove top.
- Electrical - Electrical fires can happen from a range of things, and are quite common. Most of the time it is due to a short within the outlet, or someone plugging too many things into one outlet. This happens because an outlet is only allowed to pull so many watts at one time, once the limit is exceeded that is when it becomes dangerous.
- Candles - Candles, a big no no! Whether you have them for looks, light, or just for the scent. NEVER leave a candle unattended, it is an open flame and can catch fire to almost anything if given the chance.
- Christmas Trees - Everyone loves the smell of a real Christmas tree during the holidays! In order to help prevent a fire you must keep your tree well watered! After all, you are wrapping electrical cords around a piece of wood. Better to keep the tree wet, than let it get dry (which increases your chance for fire).
- Children playing with fire - No one likes to think about it, but it does happen. Children are curious about things, and one of those things is fire. Whether they were playing with a match or a lighter, the result can be bad. To help children’s curiosity, you can take your child by any fire station. Fire fighters would be more than happy to help educate your child on the dangers of playing with fire.
- Space Heaters - No doubt, it gets cold in the winter time! What else keeps the room nice and warm better than a space heater? Almost nothing! Dust can build up in the motors fan quite easily. If it is not properly cleaned or taken care of, a fire can result.
Jun 15, 2021
May 15, 2021
Apr 15, 2021