Most Common Causes for Fire Damage Claims
A fire damage
is one of the most
destructive and detrimental types of damages that can happen to a home or business owner. Did you know there were nearly 400,000
fires in the United States last year alone? While a fire can be quite costly and even more stressful, finding the right company to take care of your needs is the key. Complete can assist you with all your fire damage needs whether it be contents cleaning or the restoration and reconstruction of your home. Complete
has a list
of the most common causes for fire damage claims along with what you can do to help prevent such a disaster. Six of the most common causes for fire damage claims and why
- Cooking - Almost everyone has that aunt who is just terrible in the kitchen! Cooking fires account for about 40% of all fires within the home. These fires can result from unattended ovens, grease, oil or pans on the stove top.
- Electrical - Electrical fires can happen from a range of things, and are quite common. Most of the time it is due to a short within the outlet, or someone plugging too many things into one outlet. This happens because an outlet is only allowed to pull so many watts at one time, once the limit is exceeded that is when it becomes dangerous.
- Candles - Candles, a big no no! Whether you have them for looks, light, or just for the scent. NEVER leave a candle unattended, it is an open flame and can catch fire to almost anything if given the chance.
- Christmas Trees - Everyone loves the smell of a real Christmas tree during the holidays! In order to help prevent a fire you must keep your tree well watered! After all, you are wrapping electrical cords around a piece of wood. Better to keep the tree wet, than let it get dry (which increases your chance for fire).
- Children playing with fire - No one likes to think about it, but it does happen. Children are curious about things, and one of those things is fire. Whether they were playing with a match or a lighter, the result can be bad. To help children’s curiosity, you can take your child by any fire station. Fire fighters would be more than happy to help educate your child on the dangers of playing with fire.
- Space Heaters - No doubt, it gets cold in the winter time! What else keeps the room nice and warm better than a space heater? Almost nothing! Dust can build up in the motors fan quite easily. If it is not properly cleaned or taken care of, a fire can result.
Reading this, you may be saying to yourself “oh that’ll never happen to me, what are the chances”
. Chances are, it’s very
possible! While you may have control
over whether or not there is a candle lit within your home, you don’t quite have control over your electrical outlets. It is important to remember
to always take the necessary precautions to help prevent a fire. If you have experienced a fire in your home or business, Complete
is here to help no matter what time. We specialize in fire cleanup, and reconstruction. Don’t hesitate to call, even if it’s 3 AM
! When we say we’re here for you 24/7, we mean it! Give us a call at 850.CALL.DKI
! “When Disaster Strikes, We Strike Back!”