Preparing for the Storm
- Mar 08, 2016
- Make a family emergency plan. Make sure you discuss with all of your family members what to do in case you have to get out of your house immediately or if you get split up during the process. Have a meeting spot near your house that is in a safe place.
- Prepare a home emergency kit. Some key items for this kit would include- Batteries (stored safely), medication, portable radio, back up phone battery/charger, water/snacks, first aid kit, sturdy gloves, torch (battery operated), toiletries, pet food (if applicable), baby food/diapers (if applicable), any valuables, water proof bags, etc.
- Keep your home emergency kit in a safe and dry place. Make sure that all of the items are not expired and are able to use.
- Secure any items around your property that could fly away in high winds and could be a hazard to you or your home.
- Make sure your home and car insurance is up to date
- Clear any loose branches around your home that could be a hazard during high winds
- Make sure you know how to correctly and safely turn off your power and gas in case of an emergency
- Identify your safe room and make sure your family knows the quickest and most efficient way to get themselves and any pets into the room
- Get shutters or metal screens fitted to your windows for extra protection
- After a storm warning, act quickly and listen to the advice officials have given you. Make sure your other family members are aware and ready to move in t If you experience damage in your home , call Complete 24/7 . Our technicians work around the clock and are always fully prepared in uniforms and clearly marked Complete vans. Our technicians are alwaysprofessional and presentable! If you experience fire damage , please contact our full service location on Davis Highway by calling 850-CALL-DKI or 850-225-5354. Complete wishes everyone a very safe and happy New Year! he safe room or evacuate if need be.Disconnect all electrical items and turn off power, water and gas if instructed to do so.
- Make sure your pets are safely inside
- Grab your emergency kit and activate your family emergency plan
Jun 15, 2022
May 15, 2022
Apr 15, 2022