Preventing Water Damage in Pensacola
- Jun 14, 2015
- Complete DKI
Living so close to the coast, water damage in Pensacola is quite a common occurrence. Whether the damage is a result of a severe storm or from a busted pipe within the home, prevention is the key. Preventing a water damage in Pensacola is easy to do! Complete DKI has some tips for you!
- Ensure that you have good drainage of water away from your home.
- Be careful where you plant! Planting some types of trees and bushes can put your sprinkler system at risk for a busted pipe. Plants such as weeping willows have invasive roots capable of causing a busted sprinkler pipe. Plan before you plant!
- Keep an eye or your water bill. Is your water bill creeping through the roof? Don’t know why? You may have a leak! Higher water bills are indicative of a problem.
- Use drain snakes over drain chemicals. Although using a drain snake can gross you out because you’re seeing what’s coming out of your pipes. Those harsh chemicals that you’re pouring down the drain are also eating away at your pipes, which in the future can cause a leak.
- Never pour grease down your sink!! The grease can harden and stick to your pipes causing a clog!
- Going out of town? Turn off your main water line! Doing this prevents any water damage that could happen from happening. Just think of what could happen if you’re gone for a week and you end up with a busted pipe! That is A LOT of water.
Apr 15, 2021
Feb 25, 2021
Feb 20, 2021