Stay Safe With a Smoke Detector
Everyone knows the annoying little beep that starts as soon as you get in bed and get comfortable at night. Oh and it won’t stop until you get up, find it, and fix it. Yea, that would be your smoke detector letting you know that its batteries are getting low. Now while we all hate that noise, it is there to keep us safe. Have you ever wondered why smoke detectors are so important? The answer to my question is simple.
Smoke detectors save lives!
Working smoke detectors
in your home increase your chances of survival drastically
. Why? Think of them as a built in guard dog to protect you from fire. If a fire were to start in your home, smoke spreads extremely fast.
Smoke detectors are there to let you know so you have time to get out. Here's what you need to know!
- At a MINIMUM one smoke detector should be on each level of the home.
- At BEST there should be smoke detectors in every bedroom, outside each sleeping area and on every level of your home.
- Test your smoke alarms every month! This will help you ensure that they are working up to par.
- If your smoke detector sounds, get outside and STAY outside.
- Replace your smoke alarm batteries once a year.
- Smoke detectors don’t last forever! Their normal life is usually about 10 years. All technology gets upgraded over time, including smoke detectors!
Any questions or concerns about your smoke detectors? Contact your local fire department or fire inspector for help!If you have suffered from a loss due to fire give Complete DKI
a call 24/7 at 850.CALL.DKI!