- Aug 13, 2015
- Complete DKI
Smoke detectors vs smoke alarms, do you know the difference ? Many people think that a smoke detector and a smoke alarm are two terms that are interchangeable and mean the same thing. Which they most definitely are not. So, let’s look at the difference between the two.
Although they do look alike, a smoke alarm is a device that stands alone and is self-contained. The alarm typically is not hooked up to anything other than a standalone power supply (usually a battery). A smoke alarm isn’t connected to a fire alarm or a control panel. Although it may sound other alarms throughout the house to warn you to get out, it does not alert first responders to the emergency. Which means that they will not be dispatched to your home unless you call 9-1-1.
Now on the other hand, a smoke detector does have a built in sensor and is part of a system within the home. For example, if a family were to have a home security system as well as a smoke detector linked to the system first responders would be dispatched to the emergency without you actually calling 9-1-1. How? The detector is linked to an external sounding device (such as the alarms main panel or strobe unit). This means that you and the first responders will both be notified of the emergency within your home.
All in all, smoke alarms only alert who is inside the home that there is an emergency. Smoke detectors alert the homeowners and the first responders. Homeowners should make an effort to get smoke detectors in their homes over smoke alarms. After all, safety is the number one concern.
To find out more information about the services available through Complete DKI, visit our website here.
Living so close to the coast, water damage in Pensacola is quite a common occurrence. Whether the damage is a result of a severe storm or from a busted pipe within the home, prevention is the key. Preventing a water damage in Pensacola is easy to do! Complete DKI has some tips for you!
- Ensure that you have good drainage of water away from your home.
- Be careful where you plant! Planting some types of trees and bushes can put your sprinkler system at risk for a busted pipe. Plants such as weeping willows have invasive roots capable of causing a busted sprinkler pipe. Plan before you plant!
- Keep an eye or your water bill. Is your water bill creeping through the roof? Don’t know why? You may have a leak! Higher water bills are indicative of a problem.
- Use drain snakes over drain chemicals. Although using a drain snake can gross you out because you’re seeing what’s coming out of your pipes. Those harsh chemicals that you’re pouring down the drain are also eating away at your pipes, which in the future can cause a leak.
- Never pour grease down your sink!! The grease can harden and stick to your pipes causing a clog!
- Going out of town? Turn off your main water line! Doing this prevents any water damage that could happen from happening. Just think of what could happen if you’re gone for a week and you end up with a busted pipe! That is A LOT of water.
“Rescue Me!” Stickers, Get Yours Today!
All too often, Pensacola residents hear about fire damage in Pensacola on the news. A house fire can be one of the most devastating things that can ever happen to a homeowner in their whole lifetime. Did you know that fire damage in Pensacola is one of the most popular reasons for emergency responders being called out? Fire damage in Pensacola can happen to anyone, anytime, anywhere. So what do you do if you suffer from a fire damage in Pensacola?
Call Complete DKI! Complete DKI is a 24 hour emergency contractor with crews on call after hours in order to promptly respond to your emergency. Our team prides itself on mobilizing and arriving to the emergency scene within an hour of your call to us. Here at Complete DKI, we know that fire damage in Pensacola can be stressful and we do everything to make your path back to normalcy a smooth one. We offer assistance to those who may have suffered from a fire accident due to vandalism, arson, cooking fires, electrical issues, lightening and so much more!
Many times, people think “Oh that’ll never happen to me!” and just when they do think so, it does. As a homeowner we want you to be aware of the possibilities. Should you ever be in need of our emergency services, our team of skilled and professional technicians are just a phone call away. You can bet they will always be in uniform and clearly marked Complete DKI vehicles. Let’s face it, we all know that at 3 o’clock in the morning, you don’t want to be letting some scraggly old “Joe” coming in to your home!
If you are in need of emergency assistance due to fire damage in Pensacola, give Complete DKI a call at 850.225.5354.
Apr 15, 2021
Feb 25, 2021
Feb 20, 2021