Thanksgiving Day Fire Safety
- Oct 13, 2014
- Complete DKI
Thanksgiving Day Fire SafetyThis year is flying by, and once again Thanksgiving Day is fast approaching! As we all know, Thanksgiving is quite possibly the biggest day for cooking in the United States. As a result, the number of fires doubles on Thanksgiving Day. Did you know Thanksgiving Day home fires cause more property damage and claim more lives than any other given day in the year ?
- Never leave the kitchen when you’re are frying, grilling, or broiling food. (If you have to leave the kitchen, turn off the stove while you’re out)
- If you are simmering, baking, boiling, or roasting food, make sure to check it regularly. (Set a timer to help you remember)
- NEVER leave your home while food is cooking.
- No loose clothing, dangling sleeves! They catch fire easily!
- Long hair should also be pulled back in order to prevent it from catching fire.
- The kitchen should be marked a “kid free zone” while there is any type of cooking going on.
- Make sure to not leave any spoons, pot holders, packaging, curtains, or hand towels near the stove top or any other cooking appliance. These catch fire extremely easy.
- If you are using a turkey fryer, make sure it is outdoors and in an open area away from all walls, fences or anything else that could catch on fire! Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions!
Apr 15, 2021
Feb 25, 2021
Feb 20, 2021