Water Damage Safety
- Jun 20, 2014
- Complete DKI
- Turn off your power source! You don’t want to risk the chance of electrocution.
- Try to remove excess water by soaking up some of the water with a mop or towels.
- Remove all wet upholstery from the home (including rugs, cushions, and drapes).
- Try to soak up the excess water off of any wood surfaces in order to try to prevent warping.
- Turn on your air conditioning! It aids in drying out.
- Remove all loose “floating” items from the home.
- Call Complete DKI for all your restoration needs!
- Do the opposite of what was stated above.
- Leave any colored items on the floor.
- Use any household appliances or items. The risk of electrocution is extremely high.
- Try to use your household vacuum to suck up some of the water.
- Return into a home that has been damaged by sewage backup, the amount of bacteria growing in the home is through the roof.
- Go back into the home if the power source hasn’t been shut off.
- Go back into a home that has sagging or drooping ceilings or walls.
Jun 15, 2021
May 15, 2021
Apr 15, 2021